The San Andreas Sheriff’s Department regularly recruits new members. Applicants are required to submit an application form in order to express their interest in joining the department, which is assessed by the Recruitment, Education and Training Unit. This will involve components such as criminal history and background checks, personality testing and a face-to-face panel interview.
Applicants should be aware of the following pre-employment requirements before they submit an application form:
- Possess reasonably high language and grammatical skills;
- Demonstrate a high degree of physical and mental competency;
- Be prepared to dedicate yourself to the Department fully;
- Demonstrate a high degree of personal integrity within past conduct – previous criminal history is to be assessed on a case-by-case basis;
- ((Be a level three or higher, or able to demonstrate prior OOC or IC law enforcement knowledge.))
- ((Be of high standing in the community, and must not have extensive rule-breaking history.))
- ((Have TeamSpeak, and be prepared to clearly communicate via microphone.))
- ((Able to speak and write English clearly.))
- ((Meet all application guidelines.))
- ((Be able to be active as expected by the Department.))
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in the Deputy Sheriff Training Program, involving theoretical and practical education on the skills required of a Law Enforcement Officer.
Current San Andreas Law Enforcement Officers wishing to transfer to the San Andreas Sheriff’s Department will undergo a practical and theoretical assessment of their skills and department policy. Subject to the result of this assessment, the applicant may be invited to participate in the Deputy Sheriff Training Program, or inducted as a Probationary Deputy Sheriff.